Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

There is an Idiot in all of us............

So she comes up to me and says do you know what day it is today,and I was like Friday??. After judging from her expression I asked, "Why?, is there something special about today?". We men are so bad with dates. I mean women remember the tiny details of everything,the day we first met, what color dress we were wearing, the day we first went out, the first time we were drenched under the monsoon,etc etc. For us men,well we might even forget her birthday. After repeated questioning and a bit of emotional blackmail, She said "Today is the day a year ago you made me cry". A wicked silence followed.
         Suddenly I remembered it all. She used to be one of the best-est friends of mine. We shared stuff made promises to be best friends for ever, but all that changed that night. Today I stand in front of her and I would know a stranger better than her. All it took was a single stupid act of mine. Some times even if you know the other person very well it becomes difficult to judge the breaking point of the same. Everybody has it, but more importantly everybody has a weak point, where even the slightest of touches will make it bleed. And I had stabbed a dagger onto it. Boy did she cry, and all you could do is stand in front of her and watch. Coz you know no consolation will stop this tide as you actions has unleashed it in the first place. But right at that moment you realize what a huge mistake you have made, and I did, I accused her of something which even I knew was never possible, but I did,out of ignorance, out of idiocracy. Even today I stood speechless,without any explanation, when she asked, "Did you really mean it?Do you realize what went through me that day?". I did realize, but us men, for us it is so difficult to express of feelings in the right manner, women don't understand that. They think that we are not capable of sharing someones emotions but we do, and yes we do feel. Our faces might not show but only our hearts know what goes on inside of us. There is few greater pain in the world than to watch someone you care about cry for an act of yours. I knew that I had hurt her for that one stupid act of mine,but it was only now that I realized that lost her for it. All these days,a complete year I had wondered what could have possibly went wrong. Well now I know it. Its not like we did not talk after that incident. Yes we did, but it was all downhill from that point on. "You don't even remember", she said and walked away.
          That night she was online and I text-ed,"wishing you a unhappy "I was an idiot and I made you cry" anniversary, wish to remember it next year.......  : p".
                       "LOLz......Wish you do.........You never gave me that treat you promised", is what she replied after half an hour.
             Don't know if this is the conclusion of it or a fresh start,but whatever it is it is definitely intriguing,All of a sudden you start dreaming,you wish things were better again..........
Now I sit in my room and listen to hoobastank play

I'm sorry that I hurt you


It's something I must live with everyday


And all the pain I put you through


I wish that I could take it all away


And be the one who catches all your tears


Thats why i need you to hear


I've found a reason for me


To change who I used to be


A reason to start over new


and the reason is You

No comments:

Post a Comment